2018 is a year filled with promise for you and your family, it’s a year of opportunity yet fulfilled. So to make this year your best year ever, make ‘smiling more’ your new year’s resolution.
Reasons To Smile In 2018
People love to smile, we love to see children and babies smile, we even get a kick out of seeing animals smile. Smiles are great, but did you know smiles may offer a host of benefits. Here’s a list of some of the top benefits of having a great smile:
- Increased confidence and self-esteem – if you look good it increases both your confidence and how you feel about yourself.
- Good health – recent studies have shown a link between smiling and good health.
- Selfies, photos & videos – we all want to look our best, and having a beautiful smile helps us look amazing for social sharing (Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and more).
- Reduced stress – studies have shown that smiling can reduce the bodies response to stress and lower the heart rate in tense situations.
- Enhanced mood – smiling releases endorphins and serotonin that help boost your mood.
- More Attractive – A study showed that 37 percent of people view individuals with crooked or stained teeth as less attractive than those with straighter, brighter smiles. And 25 percent view those same people as less confident.
- Dating Success – A survey of 5,500 singles showed ‘teeth’ as the top factor for both men and women.
- Career and Job Success – A study showed that those with straight teeth are 45% more likely to land the job than someone with equal skills but crooked teeth, and are also seen as 58% more likely to be successful and wealthy.
- A great Wedding Day Smile – 92 Percent Of Brides Rank Their Smile As Their Most Important Wedding-Day Accessory
- Smiles are contagious – studies show it’s hard to resist smiling when you see a smile, so start spreading the gift of your smile.
If that’s not enough reasons, check out this Huffington Post article on the ’11 Surprising Reasons You Should Smile Every Day’.
A Great Smile For Life Events
The year ahead holds lots of promise and potential, some of it will be unexpected, and some of it we can already plan for. If you have a big event coming up in 2018-19, now is a great time to get a jumpstart on getting your perfect smile. Our patients often tell us about big events that they are preparing their smile for, here are the most common ones:
- Prom or homecoming
- Graduation from High School or College
- Engagement or Wedding
- New Job or Career
Whatever it is that’s motivating you, there’s treatment plan that fits your timeframe and budget to help you get the smile you want when you want it.
Smile Challenges and Solutions
Not everyone is satisfied with their smile, Forty-two percent of people say their smile is the first thing they’d change about themselves. The great news is that no matter what issue you have with your smile, there is a solution for it, and your local orthodontist can help.
What Are You Waiting For?
The new year is a great time invest in your own smile and your family’s smiles. Your benefits have rebooted, you’re inspired to make positive changes, and now you know who can help you. Every day we solve these problems for our amazing patients in the Spokane Valley and Cheney areas, and nothing thrills us more than when our patients finish treatment and we see their huge smiles and the increased joy and confidence it brings to their lives.
Smiles are a wonderful gift, not only for the recipient but also for the giver. So what are you waiting for? Spread that contagious smile of yours this year and start to reap the benefits! And if you aren’t comfortable with your smile, come in a for a FREE SMILE CONSULTATION to learn how we can help you achieve your best year yet!